Meet OTTO THE BOT
Otto is our humble inhouse robot that needs to be given instructions in python.
Learners go through a series of interactive and well paced exercises using python to help Otto solve its problems.
Learning Platform: Jupyter Notebook
An open-source web application that allows kids to create and share documents that contain Live Code, Equations, Visualizations and Narrative Text. It's flexible to configure and arrange the user interface to support a wide range of workflows in Data Science, Scientific Computing, and Machine Learning.
Learning Outcomes: What will Kids learn
Basics of Python
- Getting familiar with Jupyter Notebooks - the explorative environment used by professional data scientists and machine learning engineers
- Basic constructs in python - Variables, Loops, Functions
- Introduction to various data types like Strings, Numbers, Booleans, Lists and Dictionaries
Standard Library and Packages
- A tour of the Python’s most used packages from its standard library
- Importing new packages using the package manager
- Organizing and reusing code
Introduction to OOPs in Python
- Gentle Introduction to Object Oriented Programming
- Introduction to Classes, Objects & Inheritance in Python
Core Computer Science Concepts
- Introduction to various CS concepts to understand how computers work
- Introducing them to topics like Files, Binary Numbers, Networks, Memory, Compilers / Interpreters and more!
- Using these concepts to solve multiple exercises in Python
Project Based Learning